Monday, May 30, 2005

I'll get out more soon

Today saw my one and only exam for the semester, and now it's actually all over. It was very anticlimactic. The first essay question was about defining art cinema, and for the second one I defend the statement that Three Colors: White is a comedy. I thought it was really easy, which it could have been because it's only a second-year course, or maybe I didn't answer the questions thoroughly enough. Either way is possible.

I'm still feeling like crap. My throat is killing me. Waking up at 7 AM for this exam was the hardest thing about it. I've spent all weekend lying on the couch recovering instead of at the library. Consequently I have spent far too much time watching Big Brother, not just the show but the live feed which is broadcast for six hours every day. I don't watch all six hours! But I watch some of them...is that really, really terrible? I think it might be.

I remember being really into The Real World and realizing that the fundamental flaw of the show is how little material it actually shows you. To fit anything interesting into 20 minutes a week, it has to be edited to death and that's why the title has always been a lie. Big Brother is the perfect solution! That is, if you happen to be fascinated by conversations between strangers who have been forced to live with each other, which I don't know why I am.

Also, I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE MADE THE CUT THIS YEAR! I WAS ROBBED, I TELL YOU!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?