Friday, December 03, 2004

I'm back, baby, too

It's all starting to catch up with me. For the last three weeks, I've been out clubbing five nights a week. At the same time, my "good student" instincts forbid me from missing any (or many) of my lectures, so almost every day I wake up before sunrise and get my ass into those classrooms to experience the "joy" of "learning." What that really means is that my professors take attendance and I'll be reported and deported if I don't sign in.

We all make fun of Oh Henry's because it's kind of small and crappy and their playlist is like 5 years old, but I've come to terms with the fact that I love it. It's our headquarters. I can walk in there any night of the week and see all the familiar faces. I don't necessarily like all of these faces, but it's comforting nonetheless. It's a regular cast of characters. Oh Henry's is like Cheers, but with more anal sex. Don't you want to go where everyone knows your name, or other intimate details about you?

What I'm trying to say is, going out five nights a week isn't just about drinking, or dancing, or objectifying beautiful men who would never speak to me. I'm having such a good time with my new peeps, there just aren't enough hours in the day to be with them as much as I want to. I don't really know why I thought that that would be interesting for any of you to read about, but that and the school thing should kind of explain why I haven't posted anything for over a week.

The only really, really, really big news I have right now is that just a few days ago Luke spent a ridiculous amount of money on a PLANE TICKET TO COME SEE ME! At the end of December! That's just crazy! He loooooooooooooves me! We've been going out of our minds missing each other, but I never expected anything like this. (I secretly fantasized about it, but still.) I can't even get my head around how amazing he is for doing something like this for me. Love love love. I know he doesn't have this kind of money to spare. But he's coming anyway. Wow. Yay!

Interestingly enough, I'll have to cut this entry short because I'm about to go clubbing...again. But I'm absolutely fucking exhausted and I think I'm going to take a few nights off after this.

Yeah...right.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?