Monday, November 08, 2004

Celebrations

I printed out the 149-page-long finished and revised screenplay for Sisters By Habit! Look! And look, and look. I'm so excited. So...what do I do now? Does anyone know people in high places? Since Rosie is studying film production at Aberdeen College, she has access to really nice equipment we could use to film a few scenes from Sisters By Habit. Then we could send them to all the major studios in Hollywood and they'll beg me to direct the feature-length version with a budget of $100 million. I have big dreams. Fuck off.

Also, I completely forgot to link you to the lovely Pam's photo recap of her night as Nun-Clown. She made us proud!

I also forgot to tell you about my first Guy Fawkes Night, AKA bonfire night. Apparently, Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament, but they caught him and hanged him. To celebrate the fact that he didn't succeed, every year people in Britain have big bonfires and burn figures that are supposed to be Guy Fawkes. It's all very exciting despite the fact that they didn't burn the real Guy Fawkes so it doesn't make that much sense. Also, fireworks! Woo!

So I went down to the beach with The Gays and we watched fireworks. They're supposed to have a huge bonfire on the beach, but I don't think they're allowed to do that anymore for some reason. It was still really exciting because basically everyone in Aberdeen was on the beach with us.

That was the night I got punched in the face. Now I know I'll never forget my first bonfire night!

As of yesterday, it's been two months since I left my home in Redmond. As of today, it's been two months since I arrived in the UK. As of tomorrow, it will have been two months since I arrived in Aberdeen. It's so hard to believe I've only been here for eight weeks. It feels like I've been here forever. But in the good way!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?