Friday, August 27, 2004

This sucks

The plot continues unnecessarily thickening , as the last I heard from the British consulate, my visa application cannot be considered complete until I prove I have enough money to pay for my tuition. The problem is that I actually don't.

My parents pay my tuition as it's due, but it's not like there is some pile of money set aside for it -- it's just added to the "to pay for this month" list. The British consulate wants proof of that pile of money, though. It being the end of the month, it's just not there. It will be on the 1st of the month, but it's not there now.

I leave on the 7th of September. The soonest I can send proof of funding is next Wednesday, the 1st -- a week before I leave. If I fax it, count on speedy processing on the consulate's part, and promise the good Lord that I'll never kiss a boy again if he does me this one favor, I might have my passport, immigration certificate, and visa before I'm supposed to leave.

So once again, the only thing for me to do is sit around and wait. The thing is, I know everything is going to work out, but just barely, and in the meantime my insides will be eating themselves away with stress. That's just the way these things work with me. Remember the first time I went to Europe and wasn't issued a passport until an hour before my flight? Yeah. Flashbacks, dude.

On the bright side, I received a length email from Marianne, written from our new apartment in Aberdeen, although less of it dealt with details about the flat and more of it dealt with her horrified reaction to my get-up for the recent Fergie-themed celebration that took place at my house. I don't mean to sound conceited, but I would totally do me.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?